Saturday, April 12, 2014

Chai -- My fave!!

My absolute favorite beverage under this gorgeous blue sky would be Chai.... Black tea brewed with milk and blend of spices!  
I could drink this anytime of the day, be it morning or night.  I am blessed with the ability to enjoy Chai and then go right to bed.... it un-glues me, relaxes me and is almost close to meditation for me!!  But, I must say, I love, absolutely loooooooove the way I brew my chai, light bodied, with a hint of sweetness and a healthy pinch of cardamom!  It might not be the traditional way to brew at all, but I get the same effect as the Chai latte you get at coffee shops or should I say "tea-shops"!!  
This is how....


Add 2 tbsp of milk (any variety, I go for the 1%, plain cow's milk) into a cup.  Add a tea bag, and fill up the cup with room temp water from the faucet.  Nuke this in the microwave for a few seconds shy of 2 minutes on high.  Your brew should froth over in the cup, shut off the microwave and repeat this twice more with intervals of 1 minute.  You will get this beautiful brown colored brew with a milky foam on top!  Remove the cup from the microwave and stir in  your sweetener as in a tsp of sugar, cane or raw; honey, agave nectar or artificial sweetener and a healthy pinch of store bought ground cardamom.  Enjoy the sweetened, perfumed Chai served with "biscuits" as the British call the cookies here.  I personally love spiced cookies, as in here in the picture, home made pumpkin spiced cookie, or carrot cake or any savory snack of Indian Origin or like just now, plain!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment